[pct-l] Nunatak USA Bag Report

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at citlink.net
Tue Feb 6 23:00:11 CST 2007

FYI... most backpackers over the age of 40 will remember that those blue, closed cell foam pads were called Thinsolite?, or Thinsolate? pads.  I recall that while REI carried them, so did most Army surplus stores, a lot cheaper.  But memories get faulty after 65, so,??? ...could be wrong.
I also recall that you could get a pretty nice ride down a snow chute on one...and the closed cell factor kept them dry.  I've still got, I think, four of them, for hikers to use while they stay with us.
Georgi, T.A.,
Old Station