[pct-l] dana design or ula packs?

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Tue Feb 6 20:02:30 CST 2007

"ULA catalyst or dana design raid z? "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ULA!!~^~ The web pouches are much more useful and larger than you realize.
Also Dana's are overbuilt with heavier pieces and fabric than needed. If you
need a packcover, get Brian's 3oz silnylon cover, don't rely on a pack's
fabric for waterproofness. I've used a P2 for 4 years now, with no problems.
I handed it to Brian in person once to restitch a shoulder strap with a few
cosmetically pulled stitches; this is a rare hiker/equipment maker
relationship. Brian stands by his gear and those who carry it; but he'll
also tell you to go buy whatever you want from anyone else.  I have three
Dana packs. A Shadow Peak day pack that weighs more than the P2, a
Terraplane that's retired with honors, and a Bridger that I've used on
weekend trips, which also weighs much more than the P2 . The Catalyst is the
current P2 in the ULA line.  ULA or Dana? ~^~ ULA!!