[pct-l] dana design or ula packs?

matthew lesniewicz mlesswicz at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 18:00:03 CST 2007

I think I 've narrowed my pack selection down to 2. ULA catalyst or dana design raid z? My problem is I can't try on either because no outfitter carries them around me. Dana doesn't even exist anymore but I found some still in stock. The raid z is a harness with a stuff sack that is waterproof(good for fording and rain no pack cover needed) and that's my motive behind this pack. ULA seems intriguing because its designed for thru hikers. Weight between these are a difference of 3.oz and about 1500 cubes  most coming from netted pockets on the ula. Does anyone know about either to actually compare with insight?  What about the ula's water repellency, pack cover probably needed? Also compare harness. I just might have to order both and try them both and send one back. Would they  really refund a out of business maker? I might be mistaken but did "flying brain" use dana racer x on the triple and was he featured in back packer mag using it? I f not him someone was along with the
 black diamond metamid teepee trek pole setup. By the way those are pretty sweet!  Any who, maybe brian himself might read this and give me the word.       "the widget"