[pct-l] (no subject)

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Feb 6 03:57:31 CST 2007

_jules.schollum at xtra.co.nz_ (mailto:jules.schollum at xtra.co.nz)   writes:

I have  and have used an Aarn Natural Balance for 6 months now, a phenomenal
piece of  gear, i have historical back problems and this has virtually
eliminated them,  those front pockets will make awesome water holders for a thru-hike
desert  section, all the weight is on your hips - i have arsed over in rivers
and it  has never leaked a drop either, i could just keep going on about
it.....  :)

The key is to get it adjusted right
It is interesting to play around with carrying water off the  back.  There
are several ideas I have seen to do this.
-- A separate waist belt system like I use.
-- The balance system like the above pack uses.
-- The LuxuryLite.com front pouch system.
Now the question becomes is there a best way to do this?  So far, I  like the
waist belt system, but the others are nice.  By the way, the beer  cans
hanging from a hat does not count, since I consider that on my spine and  back.

The only reason I got into carrying water differently, was that after
playing around so much with gear and trying to be comfortable and light, I then
added tons of heavy water (non atomic) to the pack.  I told myself, "This  is
nuts.  This cannot be anymore stupid."

So, here I am and it is not too bad at all carrying water differently from
the traditional bottles and bladders in the backpack.

Switchback the  Hydrator
PS: I am now playing around with  the idea of two bottles suspended from my
hips and the liquid going  directly/intravenously into my arms ......... only
kidding.