[pct-l] Let's Fish II

The Mountain Goat themtgoat at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 4 17:50:41 CST 2007

I went fishing in 2005, it was a lot wetter year (at least at this point).
I used a spinner, and had good fishing at only 2 lake, but boy was it nice catching those 12" troute!, (And a previous year, it was still a different lake (2003)).

I can't speak specifically to fly fishing, but it looks like a good year to go fishing. Usually the snow, and rivers are both so high, that the fishing isn't so good. But this year, in the thru-hiker season, you may have a great time.

There are to many variables to discuss how to pick a good lake/stream to fish, but as you progress North, you will probably go in and out of good fishing areas. So keep in mind that every 20 miles is a different game.

Good Luck

-Mountain Goat-
PCT 2005

keith      kbdph at myway.com
     Fri Feb  2 00:17:22 CST 2007

I need some advice.  I plan on taking the top 3 sections of a fly rod on my thru hike this year.  I have made a aluminum bracket taped to the bottom section to wrap the line around.  My question is, I know nothing about fly fishing, we just don't do much of it in Oklahoma.  What type of line should I use, how much line, and what type of lures should I bring.  Thanks  Keith