[pct-l] Tehachapi/Mojave question.

dsaufley at sprynet.com dsaufley at sprynet.com
Thu Feb 1 11:14:44 CST 2007

Mojave is convenient for all the reasons Mountain Goat states, but be aware up front that there's a major highway axis that goes smack through town, and you cannot escape the sound of cars, big rigs, and trains.  The town is really a giant truck stop in the desert.  Tehachapi is spread out, but it's a more pleasant place overall.  The motels on the main drag in Tehachapi do have trains that roll by through the night, but the traffic is no where near as intense as Mojave.