[pct-l] HIKE ON!!!! 2008!!!

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 31 15:07:19 CST 2007

Yes Reinhold,

I did consider the flame possibilites related to those two phrases.  Here's the thing though.......One of the more fun things I discovered with long distance hiking was that after several months on the trail, my body, of it's own accord, kind of lowered itself (lowered center of gravity?) while hiking and my stride in fact DID become much longer.  Fun!  Nature's way of adapting to the demands or whatever.  Very efficient!  At any rate, now I can tell when I'm really "getting my groove on" while hiking, cuz I notice that "positioning thing" happening again.  So, I long for the "long stride" and know it will come.

As far as the weight thing, well, what's a posting without stirring things up a little???  Tehehe........For those nay-sayers, lets pretend I just meant losing BODY WEIGHT after all those holiday meals!  See?  Simple!

My "poetry" (and I use the term loosely and apologize to all REAL poets) is only meant to do two things:  Convey my passion for hiking and make someone somewhere smile or laugh.  C'mon......let's have fun!  Of course what is interpreted as "humor" by one man, is "childish prattle" to another.  And there's the rub.  What to do????  Be ourselves and cast fate to the wind!!!

I have found that if I stand still, hold my breath and don't blink, someone will STILL find fault with it.  One solution.......HIKE ON!!!!

Wheeew

Reinhold Metzger <reinholdmetzger at cox.net> wrote: Reinhold Metzger wrote:

Gail,
What a wonderful poem....did you write that yourself?......it is beautiful.
Careful with phrases like....''very long stride''....''cut
weight''...etc., it could get you slammed by those who believe ''fast
and light'' are the evils of backpacking.

JMT Reinhold
The one who knows  from prior  slammings