[pct-l] Layers of clothing: Baselayer+Driclime+GammaMX?

BLW ben at blowphoto.net
Sun Dec 30 21:24:18 CST 2007

I'm gearing up for a PCT start in April, and I've got a few layering
questions:  My basic thought is to go with a long-sleeved, wicking
base layer (underarmor or something similar), followed by Marmot's
DriClime windshirt, and then the Arc'teryx Gamma as the upper
softshell.  I've already got a Precip rainjacket, so wet weather is
covered.

My concerns:  Will the two softshells (Driclime and Gamma) be too
much?  I know both jackets are highly rated and I've read reviews that
mentioned using both as the uppermost layer.  I want to be warm
enough--is this overload?

Thanks-

Ben