[pct-l] Hair- gals

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Sat Dec 29 22:40:54 CST 2007

I have always had long hair so I wouldn't consider cutting
it for my hike.  I braid it in two tight braids every
morning, (Little House on the Prairie style) and put three
ties on each braid.  I carry only a big-toothed comb and
extra hair ties.  I have gone as long as 27 days without a
shower this way.  After three weeks my hair feels more and
more like play-dough, but I only have to touch it for the
five minutes or so each morning that it takes to comb and
braid it.  It doesn't get tangled when it is braided and it
isn't sitting on my neck heating me up.  When I get to a
shower I wash it and shave all the other parts.
When the hike is over I go to the salon and get it trimmed
and colored and it looks pretty much the same as when I
started, since they trim off about as much length as I grew
in while hiking.
Most women my age don't have long hair so I get stared at a
lot.  I hold my head high and wear it as a badge of honor.
Old hippy Marion