[pct-l] Proper Trail Etiquette

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 25 16:34:00 CST 2007

Yes, yes of course....Northbound would have to be the direction of travel to be considered a MexiCan.  It was the deciding factor in determining which direction I should hike next year.  It was too scary to think of being called a "CanaCo", "CanaMex" or "Canadico".  8>)

DISCLAIMER:  THE ABOVE MENTIONED REFERENCE IS IN NO WAY MEANT AS A SLANDEROUS ATTACK ON ANY PERSONS BEING OF A MEXICAN HERITAGE AND LIVING IN THIS COUNTRY LEGALLY,  ILLEGALLY, OR OTHERWISE.

(Hopefully that will assuage any "super-sensitive" types that lie in wait hoping for the chance to have their feathers ruffled.)

Wheeew

Hiker97 at a
      Wheeew writes: Ya know, on the AT when you do a thru, you say you're   "GA-ME" (Georgia to Maine).  So I find myself wondering......if I hike the  PCT from Mexico to Canada, does that make me a "MexiCan"????
 RustyKnees replies: That meany, Switchback, has gone back to planning his  historic Triple Crown hike in 2008 and is again off the PCT-L.  So, I will  answer your question.  Yes, a thru hiker that does the PCT can be called a  "MexiCan".  But only if he/she is NoBo.  If they go SoBo, then they  must be called a "CanMexi".

 Thank you for your interest in hiker lore and proper trail  etiquette.

 Your friendly pal, RustyKnees

 PS: That is pretty sharp of you to catch the Smother's Brothers tie  in.

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.