[pct-l] Happy Holidays

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 25 13:26:52 CST 2007

Dear Tommy Smothers.......er, ah, I mean Switchback.  What a wonderful Christmas present to hear from you again!  And you're right about RustyKnees.....he has none of your finesse, charm, personality, or well, Je Ne Sais Quoi.........(yeah, had to look THAT one up on Dictionary.com......).  I would caution you though about being a Scrooge.......there has already been one of those on the list this season- a real downer.  Reinhold, as usual is MIA, so there's no one to laugh with.  (Or at!!!  ;-))  I hope you'll stick around, or at least check in with your PocketMail during your TC campaign.  I'm sure you'll have no trouble besting "Flyin' Brian"'s record.

I DO have a query for you though, before you go.  Since you are the "Ann Landers", "Miss Manners" and "Dali Lama" of the PCT-L. I figured you'd know.  And of course I'm sure I can't have been the first person to think of this, but I haven't heard it before, so here goes......  Ya know, on the AT when you do a thru, you say you're  "GA-ME" (Georgia to Maine).  So I find myself wondering......if I hike the PCT from Mexico to Canada, does that make me a "MexiCan"????

Just wondering.

Thank you for being so welcoming to the newbies on the list.

Wheeew

Hiker97 at aol.com wrote:      RustyKnees writes: Hope everyone has a  nice and safe Christmas and New Year.  Also, I hope your 2008 campaign is  great.  The weather in SoCal is warm and wonderful.  I might do some  PCT hiking. It is really wonderful to have all my new friends on the  PCT-L.
 Switchback replies: Bah.  Humbug!!  I couldn't stand it anymore listening to that goodie-two shoes,  panty-waist RustyKnees.  Even if he is my nice twin brother, he is a  wimp.  I am off the PCT-L getting ready to hike the Triple Crown in 2008  and terrorize the trails.

 Also, I think it is some type of  patent infringement for him to use my email address while I am gone.  He  was always the family favorite -- mother liked him best.

 Sorry to interrupt your holiday  with this nastiness, but it had to be done.

 Sincerely,

 Switchback the Trail  Pirate
 The Real Hiker in the Family