[pct-l] New Trail Glasses

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Dec 24 18:46:21 CST 2007

In keeping with Switchback's tradition of being a friend to all in the
community and keeping you informed of cool gear ideas, I came across some super
light reading glasses for the trail.

Go to evil Wal-Mart and their reading glasses section the Pharmacy
department.  Consider their Flex-Lights reading glasses.  They  come in different
strengths for $7.86.   Without the case they weigh  in at 10 grams or .3 ounces.
They have no screws, so that really reduces  breakage problems on the trail.
See _www.select-a-vision.com_ (http://www.select-a-vision.com)  too.

I like the strongest type (+2.50), so I can easily read maps, guides, etc.,
in the tent at night with my headlamp.

I am now looking into a super light holder to go on my neck cord with my
other items (compass, lip balm, knife, etc.).

Your new friend, RustyKnees