[pct-l] linen shirt in the desert

RobTrailmail rob at trailmail.galbavy.de
Mon Dec 24 16:06:56 CST 2007

Hi everyone,

first of all I wish you all a merry x-mas and a happy new year!!

Keep going on writing to the list - I really enjoy reading the postings,
the tipps, the info, the haggling about word-definitions, etc.

Today I'd like to ask your opinions about wearing a linen shirt in the desert.
Just assuming we'll have similar weather conditions in 2008 as we had in 2004,
I'm thinking about wearing a linen shirt while hiking from Campo up to Ken.
Meadows. I know that linen is not wicking but then sweat is the
natural cooling
mechanism of the body, so why would I want to get rid of the cooling fluid on
my skin while hiking in the blazing desert sun?

Well, in cold conditions like in '05 I wouldn't want to wear linen, of course.

I wore a micro fibre hiking shirt in '04 and I was hot sometimes so I think I
might be comfortable with a cooling down linen shirt, although it won't dry as
quick of course.

Does anybody have experience with linen in the desert?
Did I oversee some important disadvantages of linen?

Thanks for the help.

-germanator-