[pct-l] Digital Scale

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sun Dec 16 22:48:57 CST 2007

I built a spreadsheet for all my potential backpacking gear, and a separate
sheet for food, etc.
The sheets helps me estimate my loaded pack weight. I've compared this
against an estimated weight using my bathroom scales and it seems close.
I also use the consumable sheet to keep track of how much food, fuel, etc.
I take and how much is left when I return and then my actual usage. If you
do shorter trips this can help you hone in on how much food and fuel to take.

The sheets are currently in NeoOffice / OpenOffice format. If anyone wants
a sample, I'll send you a part of my sheet. I also track when I acquired
the gear and how much when I have the info available.

Now I just got to get lighter gear!

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>