[pct-l] lightweight snowshoeing

Heather Barbare bluedirt at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 15 20:28:52 CST 2007

So for everyone who hikes in trail running shoes and also snowshoes... is it possible to combine these things and snowshoe in trail running shoes? (Not for the PCT, just for nice CO powder). Will the trail running shoes fit properly and be comfortable or is a stiffer boot necessary? If a boot is
necessary, will a lightweight hiking boot work as well as a more solid
leather boot? I'm pretty new to snowshoeing and have recently converted to running shoe backpacking. I REALLY love the no-boot thing and don't want to have to buy any more uncomfortable boots.

Kermit
the lurker and hopeful snowshoer