[pct-l] Holiday Backpacker Gifts

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Dec 13 03:33:31 CST 2007

Once again your pal, Switchback, comes through for you.  Though it  might a
little late now.  :-)  But better late than never as they  say.  Or you could
get me some cool birthday gifts for the  big breakfast ruck in Bishop, CA on
January 26.  Here are some great  inexpensive gifts for that significant hiker
in your life.

1. _www.mountainlaureldesigns.com_ (http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com)
and  the Ti Shelter Stakes, Spectralite.60 Stuff Sacks
2. _www.gossamergear.com_ (http://www.gossamergear.com)  and  the EZC 2 Line,
mini dropper bottles, ThinLite 3/8 inch thick sleeping pad,  Polycryo Ground
Cloth, StowLite Stow Sacks
3. _www.rei.com_ (http://www.rei.com)  and the Sawyer  Inline Water Filter
(item number 750378) and Petzl Zipka Plus LED Headlamp  (super compact - item
number 751759)
4. _www.luxuryLite.com_ (http://www.luxuryLite.com)   and the UltraLite 2.5oz
PillowPad - also get the REI.com Therm-a-Rest Trekker Pillowcase (item number
719845)
5. _www.ula-equipment.com_ (http://www.ula-equipment.com)  and  the Mist Over
Mitts, pack covers, Rain Wrap, Helix Potty Trowel

By the way, I am now recommending you use a Polycryo for a ground  cloth
under your shelter and the ThinLite inside your shelter under your  sleeping bag.
I also use a torso pad inside too. Sleeping on foam is  a lot warmer than
sleeping on a nylon shelter floor.

For the pillow case, use a piece of Velcro tape to keep the end shut.   Very
simple to keep the PillowPad securely inside.  Super comfortable and  warm.

Always thinking of your welfare, Switchback

PS: Use of these products is your safety  responsibility.