[pct-l] Slippers and Shaved Legs - Trail Safety Alert

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Dec 9 10:25:49 CST 2007

_vjl_47 at yahoo.com_ (mailto:vjl_47 at yahoo.com)  writes: The bunny  ones or
monkey?!!
Switchback replies: IF I wore pink slippers in camp on the trail, I would
have the bunny ones and Unsupported Reinhold would have the monkey ones.   Just
my educated guess.

Say, I noticed something about the double knee operation on Friday.   After
you put on your dressing gown, a nurse comes in to shave your legs.   I have
never had my legs shaved before.  I do get a monthly pedicure with a  foot peach
flavor hot wax treatment --- highly recommended.  But this leg  shaving is
new to me.

I did not know how sexy my legs are shaved.  Now I can better relate  to the
female backpackers and some of their refined grooming  habits.  I am not
saying that I am going to start leg shaving and  wearing nylons on the trail, but I
can see how it would cause them to get  excited and not concentrate on their
hiking duties.

So, for trail safety. the general good, and not creating chaos, I will  not
shave my legs or wear nylons for the 2008 hiking season and  campaign.

I thank you for your attention for this trail safety alert and public
service announcement.

Switchback the Trail Scalawag