[pct-l] Ursack(s) for Oregon

hikeon hikeon at surewest.net
Wed Dec 5 20:03:32 CST 2007

The same thing happened to us on the JMT.   It is not a fun experience when you don't have much food to eat and you are hiking over 12,000 ft passes!  I would think twice before choosing the right bear protection to store your food if you are like us and get hungry when you hike!  Plus I felt bad knowing that once the bear had the food he definitely would be able to get into the sack sooner or later which would cause him or her to come back to steal more food from the next hiker.  This of course is sad because then the bear becomes a "problem bear" and all because the food was not stored properly.  In the end nobody wins.
Cindy