[pct-l] Safety Info for the 2008 Campaign

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Mon Dec 3 00:02:55 CST 2007

While I enjoy having ebooks on my computer, I would be very wary of
their value on the trail. I can imagine too many situations that would
not only cause harm to my body but also to my electronic equipment.
Carrying an ebook to review on the trail, cool. Carrying one to rely on
in an emergency, potentially unusable. Better to learn the material and
carry it in your head, or printed as you said on a single sheet of
paper. What would be helpful is a one-page form to record facts during
an incident, sending a copy with the runner going for help. I used to
carry these, probably should again, but feel reasonably confident of
noting the relevant info (vital statistics, location, resources
available, resources needed, evacuation plan, etc.) in event of need.