[pct-l] Ursack

Robert W. Freed robert at engravingpros.com
Sat Dec 1 10:22:44 CST 2007

Hmmm... I doubt the Ursack will be approved for the Rae Lakes area. It was not this year. Also, I guess there is some confusion about which sacks are legal in what areas. I bought two in 2006 only later to learn that they were not the approved model. That I needed to have the 2004 version in green fabric. Ursack (of course) didn't tell me that. Nor did I see any exchange program on there web site. They do make a nice expensive stuff sack though. :)

  Robert

Does anyone know when the *SIBBG *announces its approved bear canisters
each
year?  I hope to be carrying an Ursack next year thru the Sierra, but
hesitate on purchasing one until i know that they will be approved to
use
during next years thru-hike season.**