[pct-l] The numbers racket...........

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 07:37:04 CST 2007

I think I'm finally getting why there is so much dissension among list members regarding what we FALSELY believe is a difference in hiking philosophies.  The TRUTH is we're all fixated on NUMBERS.  I'll bet hiking was a lot more fun before God invented numbers.  Therefore, I propose that in response to any of the following questions, the standard answer becomes:  "I duh know"..........

  -How much does your pack weigh?
  -How much do YOU weigh?
  -How many miles do you hike in a day?
  -How long is the trail?
  -How old are you?
  -How many miles to the next water?
  -What time did you get on the trail this morning?
  -How far to the next town?
  -How much money did your hike cost?

  Yeah, please don't reduce hiking to a "numbers racket".  Just do it, live long (oops), and hike happy!!!

  And for you Gram Weenies.......NO ONE CARES WHAT YOUR WEENIE WEIGHS!!  (Well, almost no one!  ;-P)

  Wheeew