[pct-l] Food Storage?: Psycho ranger Roselle

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Dec 1 04:51:42 CST 2007

I just want to add that Tortoise is right about putting things in  writing.
In real-estate they have a saying that the three most important  things about
buying property is location, location, and location.  It is  the same with the
government.  Document, document, document.  Do not  just call and do the
verbal complaint thing.

I would guess the office at Bishop might be the place to send a letter  to.
If you cannot find out on the Internet, just call a neighboring Ranger
District and ask about the chain of command and how things work.  Often a
neighboring government office has not problem helping a citizen torpedo the  dopes next
door.

I would not send just an email even if it was available for  complaints.  I
would send also the paper letter by snail mail too.   Another good thing is to
send a copy to several supervisor levels above the  District Ranger.  Have
that on the bottom of the letter under "Copies to",  so they know that this has
gone upstairs too.  Then the folks at the  District Ranger office know they
better respond because they might  get questions from above.

Also, try not to be emotional about it.  Be matter of fact (date,  time,
name, badge number, situation) about what happen and your reasonable  concern.  It
is not just you, but you are concerned about others who  might come along who
will be exposed to this conduct.  You are just trying  to be a good citizen.

Be positive in your closing.  Say something nice about the  management of the
forest or good experiences with rangers on the trail.   End on a high note
about you know how we all want our outdoor experience to be  positive and
responsible.  And the Rangers want to promote this too, we are  all on the same
team, etc., etc., etc.  "I want you to know how much we  hikers appreciate your
work and support with limited budgets and  resources." Your closing should be;
Respectfully or Sincerely.

Just my 2 cents worth.  Switchback the  Complainer