[pct-l] Bishop and Lone Pine Hiker Hotels

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 19:08:31 CDT 2007

I am staying at the Motel 6 in Bishop right now. It is $67 all in
during the week, something in the $90 range this weekend, maybe every
weekend.  Is it a nice place? Not particularly. It's OK for me.  There
are many other motels here and I haven't checked their rates.

I'm staying at the Dow Villa tomorrow. The cost is in the $90s. I
stayed there last year and had a very favorable experience.  I haven't
priced anything else in Lone Pine.

I just completed the walk from South Lake to Whitney.  I went from SL
to Mather Pass trail junction the first day.  My range is similar to
yours, I'd guess. This assumes you are acclimated.