[pct-l] Domke Fire and trail closures report

Dick Bingham dick.bingham at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 10:08:34 CDT 2007

I have attached a file that details the Domke Fire situation and trail
closures as of 22 Aug....
The "Tolo Mtn" fire report (from Stehekin NPS source) is as follows ===>
"Good Afternoon!

Tolo fire activity remains low with a half dozen or so smokes visible in
the 'alder draw' in the northwest corner.  The five person Whiskeytown Fire
Use Module has transitioned with the Bandelier crew who left on the boat
today. We will continue to conduct mop-up, fireline and camp
rehabilitation, and backhaul of equipment/supplies.  Will likely release
helicopter WW by end of shift today or tomorrow.

Blasting was completed on the Domke Fire and a line was put in from Domke
Lake to Lake Chelan. This fireline all the way to Domke Mountain will
hopefully prevent the fire from crossing below Domke Lake to Lucerne. Crews
and helicopters are still concentrating on the fire line along Lower
Railroad Trail and Railroad Creek because of rolling debris. I have
attached their update.

Sounds like the weather will become more summer-like as the week
progresses.

(See attached file: Domke Lake Complex August 22 Wednesday.doc)

Kerry Olson
Stehekin District Interpreter
North Cascades National Park Service Complex
(360) 854-7365, ext 13
http://www.nps.gov/noca ..."