[pct-l] So very good...

JoAnn M. Michael jomike at cot.net
Fri Aug 17 19:16:15 CDT 2007

...to hear from you!! So long since we've heard anything from you or so many of, as I like to call you, the old veterans. It seems so long ago the list was graced with lighter, easier conversation and more camaraderie. I miss you, Monty, Charlie, Tom, Carl and more.

BTW, I bought The Pacific Crest Trail at a used book store in Mt. Shasta in July. Written by William Gray with photography by Sam Abell (his name sounds so familiar; I can't place it??). Published by National Geographic in 1975. Do you have it in your library? It is an easy, comfortable read. They hiked a total of seven months dividing it into three summers/fall and four spring/summer months. They took a lot of side trips and make many, many references to being on either the "temporary" or "permanent" PCT. As when the group of '77 went through, the trail in this area went by the Salmon River and Sawyers Bar...very different now.

Anyway, thought the above would be fun for any PCT hiker and do recommend it strongly. If you enjoy the back ground of yester-days, you'll love the book, as I have.

When someone thinks your name is "Ed"...you've been silent way too long  :)

JoAnn