[pct-l] Glacier Reroute closed by fire/ Is the normal PCT route do-able?

LumberJack themtgoat at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 17 18:29:26 CDT 2007

Does anybody know how realistically passable the normal PCT trail is around Glacier Peak Wilderness this year. I know that some people were doing it in 2005, but that was a drought year. I will be starting my hike from Steven's Pass around August 24th, and would probably be at the point of the re-route on August 28th.

If not, It may be time to create a RGPWTCRBCFCS (Re-route to the Glacier Peak Wilderness Trail closure re-route to the Boulder Creak Fire Closure Solution).

-Lumberjack-

Postholer      public at postholer.com
     Fri Aug 17 14:02:42 CDT 2007

My bad. It's the Boulder Creek Fire. Boulder Creek Trail, which is part of
the reroute, is closed as of 8/6. Here's a better link to the WTA with
reroute directions and specific info on thru hiker impact:

http://tinyurl.com/29ywfr