[pct-l] Class of 2008 Gear

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Aug 15 07:22:52 CDT 2007

For all you folks who are planning for the 2008 campaign, you can get a
poncho/tarp/pack cover for 4 ounces over at _www.mountainlaureldesigns.com_
(http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com) .   They are working with cuben fabrics a
lot.  Probably one of the best sites  for cuben hiking gear, but it is expensive.

I do not have to worry about this, since I will be slack packing the PCT  the
whole way with full pack train support ........ as soon as I win  MegaBucks.

By the way, I got a MountainSmith Day waist pack from REI.  It costs  $80,
but I had a store credit.  I will use it as a belly pack with the  shoulder
strap going around my neck as a little extra holding power.  I  will have two
liters of water on it too.  By carrying lots of my gear in  the waist pack, I can
keep my max backpack gear weight under 20 pounds.

Switchback, Mt. Whitney Expedition