[pct-l] Exit without entering Canada.

LumberJack themtgoat at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 15:02:43 CDT 2007

I had posted this about a week ago, but it kept getting bounced back. Later I discovered we were having DNS problems. (sigh).

I already sent out a mass emailing about if anyone had a good idea on how to exit from the Northern Terminus, without going into Canada.

PCT Mom told me that Hearts Pass was closed, due to the road being damaged from last years winter.

Others have said-just go into Canada and take the bus, its not that bad.
-True, but I already did that in 2005 Thru hike, and it would add about a day to get to Vancouver and then back into the US. This year I am just taking a vacation, and don't have as much flexibility of not getting back to work on time.

At this point I have concluded that the best way is to exit at Ross Lake and
Hitch back to a larger city to get greyhound. Or to find a way to drop my car off at Ross Lake.

Since the Original post was never posted, I am planning on starting at Steven's Pass (Leaving my car at the Dinsmores)  and go to the Boarder. With one resupply at Stehekin.

Let me know on or off line if you have any thoughts.

I should add , does anybody have the current Bus schedule for Stehekin?

-Lumberjack-
PCT 2005