[pct-l] PCT Hiking Secret

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Aug 13 01:53:20 CDT 2007

Here is something only a few hikers in the world know.  This is hard  core
hiker trash stuff.  It will send you zooming down the PCT.  As  you know getting
a good night's sleep out on the trail is very important.

About two weeks prior to your hike, starting using your hiking pillow at
home.  Use it in your easy chair, couch, and bed.  Get use to  it.  You can put
in on your other pillows, etc., but use it directly  against your head.

When you go out on the trail and camp, your pillow feels like an old  friend.
 You immediately sleep comfortably and soundly at night.  You  could even use
this technique with your sleeping bag/pad too, but I just use it  with my
camp pillow (LuxuryLite.com - I use the super soft Trekker pillow case  with it
too, very nice).

Another trick of the trail from your pal,  Switchback.