[pct-l] Mammoth Mountain/ Reds Meadow

Randy Forsland randy_forsland at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 12 13:28:20 CDT 2007

I'm planning on hiking a portion of the JMT starting Labor day. I was
thinking about getting on at Reds Meadow and probably exiting at Kearsarge..

I've visited the CREST Bus, greyhound, and YARTS transportation sites, but
almost all of the schedules with connections  make this a 1.5 - 2 day event
to get down to Reds Meadow from the SF Bay Area.

So I was thinking...maybe I should drive my old Honda beater to Circus
Circus in Reno and leave it in one of their 3000+ spots for the two weeks
that I'll be gone. I can get a free shuttle to the airport and catch the
Crest Bus there to Mammoth..

I've stayed at Circus Circus in the past for 1 week periods and don't recall
anybody messing with my vehicle or asking me to show that I was actually
staying at the hotel. Has anybody ever tried something like this ??

Or does anybody have any better suggestions for where to stash a car near
Reds meadow ?/

Just thinking out loud

Redwood