[pct-l] JMT-PCT Land Speed Record (3).htm

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Aug 2 13:56:30 CDT 2007

[pct-l] JMT-PCT Land Speed Record

Yes Switchback,
There is a big difference between pulling 25's and 30's.....it even gets
much worse pulling 40's and 45's which is what it will take to break the
unsupported JMT.

I can see why you want to take it slow and easy on your upcoming Whitney
expedition since it will serve as your prep. &  acclimation hike for your
JMT fast pack to recapture and bring back home the unsupported JMT to the
PCT-L  backpacker family where it rightfully belongs....after all the JMT is
the  ''Crown Jewel''  hiking trail of the Sierra, not a running trail.
It is a good idea for you not to wear yourself out on Mt. Whitney and
conserve your energy for the ''BIG ONE'', the unsupported JMT.

That is OK  Switchback, show off your hard-core hiker skills, your my
buddy......just bring back the unsupported JMT where it belongs.

JMT Reinhold
Your idolizing hiking buddy

SWITCHBACK  WROTE:
Unsupported Reinhold writes: Unlike Switchback who pays $120 for designer
shirts,
$95 for fashion trend hiking shorts and who knows how much for his silk
underwear,
I get the finest garments available at Good Will, usually $.50 - $1 per item
for my
snappy hiking wardrobe..... Maybe  SWITCHBACK  CAN  BRING  IT  BACK  NEXT
YEAR
to the pct-l family where it rightfully belongs.
Switchback the Jedi Knight of the Trail writes: Yes, I am a trail dandy.
Only the
finest pillows, down, and gear.  Say, I understand Yogi is pulling 30's out
on her
thru hike and is in Oregon now.  She says that it is a lot different to pull
30's
than to pull 25's.  Of course, I can relate to that and that says me all
over it.
Just to be careful, I am going to take 4 days to go from Whitney Portal to
the top
(11 miles)in a few weeks.  I don't want to show off or break any records
Unsupported
might have.

I thank you for your attention.  Switchback, Mt. Whitney Expedition Member

AOL at AOL.com.