[pct-l] JMT Land Speed Record

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Wed Aug 1 19:22:07 CDT 2007

Any time you are fortunate enough to meet Reinhold on the JMT, as I was in
2005, when he is trying to best his own JMT record, you will find him
dressed in his finest trail attire. Perfection expressed in scrounginess,
wearing the finest plaid boxers, a 3 day beard, and an exuberant trail
spirit pursuing a dream that would kill almost any young extreme marathon
runner. This record is held with honor by Reinhold today, and I hope for
another year. He will hold the 63 yr old hiker record for the JMT probably
forever!!