[pct-l] Oregon maps?

Matt Maxon matt at mattmaxon.com
Wed Aug 1 10:56:19 CDT 2007

Zach
The guide book maps are all your really need.

But the forest visitor map or other large scale map would be useful in
an emergency.

I generally have "escape routes" planned for each section / segment I
have hiked. This way if something happens my wife can tell authorities
where they might look for me.

This is out of an excess of caution, but I generally hike alone, at odd
times of the year when not many people are out on the trail.

All that said you don't really "need" a map to hike the PCT, it is well
marked, some use the PCT DATABOOK exclusively.

I also like having the large scale maps so I can identify distant
landmarks and help orient myself, and well I just like looking at maps.

Trail90

--
"So many canyons... So little time"