[pct-l] Carbon Fiber Poles

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 23:22:33 CDT 2007

Tortoise writes: As I recall, carbon is a good conductor of electricity. Carbon is used in the brushes of some electrical motors to conduct electricity and was long used in telephone handsets as part of the microphone. Could someone try an experiment with a battery powered circuit continuity tester or an ohm meter and see how well the carbon fiber poles conduct electricity. They may be about the same as the aluminum poles.
Say, GotaGo, Alice and I will do the infamous Warner Springs Loop Wednesday morning.  We leave at 7:30 AM and will be back at the golf course snack bar around 9:30 AM.  I expect we will see the mutant saber tooth mountain lions too.

This whole trip is too much fun.  What a blast.

Cheers, Switchback