[pct-l] Carbon Fiber Poles

RJ Lewis karmagurl at rainierconnect.com
Tue Apr 24 12:50:52 CDT 2007

I have seen alot of nice single man tents, and even the 2 man tents are
getting lighter, for those that want to either have a bit more comfort
out on the trail or perhaps want to keep their gear dryer than most do.
I saw a nice one that topped out at just 3 lbs 1 oz that was a 2 man.
Nice set up too- is one on my "list" in fact-- one of many lists I've
made of the gear and things I'm looking over for review in person. ;-)
I may not ever win any awards for ultralight, but darnit, I plan on
being warm, dry and well fed while out on the trail. I don't want to be
one of those who has to be rescued due to weather alone out there. No
thanks. Granted, we cannot all predict those late spring storms, and
even the most well prepared of us cannot always predict what can happen
out there. I fault no one for their choices in gear. But as everyone
says, hike your own hike. I just want to be fairly well prepared to take
care of myself out there-  I would hate to have to count on someone else
to take care of me. That's not my style, although I don't mind a bit of
company now and then! =)

Happy Trails to all who are leaving now and shortly! Be safe out there
and have a fantastic time!!
See you when you get back!
Ronnie Jo