[pct-l] Carbon Fiber Poles

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 05:15:39 CDT 2007

_karmagurl at rainierconnect.com_ (mailto:karmagurl at rainierconnect.com)
writes: Setting up under the highest thing in the forest...ie a tree, in my  humble
opinion is just asking for trouble in a storm, as lightening could strike  the
tree, leaving your poor butt in a world of hurt if you have a tent under it,
carbon fiber poles or not. ;) Just my 2 cents
I totally agree with that.  That is why I would never do that.   Not smart at
all.  I always like the story about John Muir climbing a big  tree in a storm
to get closer to the storm and feel the tree sway back and  forth.  A little
too much for me.  I will stay under my little pine  tree in my tent and watch
the storm and all you backpackers up in the  trees.

Switchback the Observer