[pct-l] Journals at Postholer.Com

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Sat Apr 21 19:35:33 CDT 2007

Eric Lee (GAMES) wrote:

> Oh, wait, it's worse than I thought.  That's not just some random
> third-party advertising that Scott's running on Postholer.com; it's
> advertising for his OWN COMPANY!  He has purchase links that go to
> his OWN COMPANY right on the front page!  Yes, Scott owns
> PeakGeek.com.  He used to include both URLs in his signatures here on
> PCT-L, but as of August last year he quietly made that fact
> disappear.

ahh, this explains A LOT! i always wondered about his motivation for his
ranting and raving about so-called "trail profiteers," etc, and now i
see it very clearly. he's just exercising his capitalistic need to steer
customers away from his "competition," and over to his site. not much
mystery in that.

now, we can argue about whether or not it makes sense to trash your
"competition" for things that you yourself are clearly and obviously
guilty of, but i've seen worse marketing campaigns, most notably in some
of our recent elections. and those strategies seemed to have - somehow -
succeeded quite well.

girlscout