[pct-l] Fire permits

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 17:52:39 CDT 2007

In some places, a fire permit is included in a
wilderness permit.  That is, your wilderness
permit also doubles as a fire permit.  Somehow I
had assumed, apparently incorrectly, that this
was standard operating procedure, that my PCT
multi-wilderness permit would also cover a fire
permit.  Are there places where this is the case?
 Or should I expect to have to secure a fire
permit in addition to my wilderness permit?  If
so, will one permit cover the entire trail, or
will I have to secure a permit repeatedly along
the way?

-Nathan Miller
Newberg, OR