[pct-l] Early Hikers

dsaufley at sprynet.com dsaufley at sprynet.com
Fri Apr 20 20:11:14 CDT 2007

There have only been three thru-hikers through here so far, and one section hiker intending to finish California.  The three young men that came through here April 8 are probably in the Sierras now.  They had snowshoes (had been carrying them since the border), and were not ultralight by any stretch.  While I have concern for all in any storm, I'm not overly-worried about these three.  The section hiker is probably nearing Kennedy Meadows.

I believe you're correct, AsABat, that the Sierra hikers Ryan mentions are not thru-hikers.

L-Rod