[pct-l] Feedback Needed on Seiad Valley

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 12:16:27 CDT 2007

Good Place  No frills  August 2004
Rick at the "resort" (couple of trailers) is hiker friendly.  Provides
inexpensive bar soap, laundry soap and coins for a nice laundromat.  On 100
plus degree days the cold slab floor of that laundromat is heaven.  Coin op
showers. The hiker area is very hard ground and kind of small.  There may be
a camping area a few mile hitch east on the river.  Rick requests if you
take the Pancake Challenge in the Restaurant next door, don't come back to
puke in his bathrooms.  Stay with Rick and your package fee is free.
Otherwise $5.

Small post office, limited hours.

Food at the restaurant is good and very inexpensive compared to other places
on the trail.  The people who owned the restaurant were hiker oriented.
They tell hikers about a very nice alternative hike up the hill from there
that provides a lot more water including swimming.  The Pancake Challenge
was painful.  The Pancakes won.

The store has plenty to resupply on for the short hike to Ashland.  Lots of
cold liquid.

If you flag it down, there's a rural bus that runs every Monday Morning at 8
am to Yreka where you can transfer to a cab or a greyhound.
The rural bus returns that same day.

It gets HOT!!!

Warner Springs Monty