[pct-l] Alternative Letter to BLM re Golden Oak Springs

RJ Lewis karmagurl at rainierconnect.com
Fri Apr 13 18:05:23 CDT 2007

Yo Jon,
 There are 2 things here you need to understand...One, No one is
expecting a "handout" or welfare. Two, your almighty tax dollars don't
pay for any services, it barely pays the interest on the national
debt!!! Oh and BTW, in case you haven't figured it out yet for yourself,
Income Taxes (federal) are Illegal.  Don't believe me, go look it up for
yourself.

I think sabotaging the folks who are trying to get the spring up and
running again, to perhaps SAVE LIVES....is really mean spirited, to put
it mildly. If the BLM or whoever is responsible (or not) for that area,
is supposed to fix that spring, as they have in the past, then they need
to be made aware of it.

I agree that hikers should be prepared, but this IS indeed a record
breaking year, and I would hate to see that your letters stopped them
from fixing it, and as a result, people died. I hope you can live with
that on your conscience. I sure wouldn't like to be in your shoes if
that happens, because of your efforts here. Just think, that person in
those shoes could be YOU. Are you going to accept help when/if it
arrives, or are you going to turn it away, and accept your own demise as
part of the chances you take out on the PCT? Somehow I think that unlikely.