[pct-l] Travelers cheques/checks

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Wed Apr 11 22:48:13 CDT 2007

That's right. And you had no idea how banking works (or doesn't) in the
USA. We live in a global economy but many parts of it are still parochial.

No personal experience, but various other sources suggest opening a US
dollar account in the US or elsewhere to save money on all the fees.
Only other suggestion is for you to shop around. At least in the US each
bank sets its own fees.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>