[pct-l] "biodegradable" TP

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Tue Apr 10 17:34:42 CDT 2007

Good afternoon,

With all of the climbing traffic on Mt. Hood, most of which is over snow
pack, waste and the lack of waste degradation is a real problem.  At
Timberline Lodge the Forest Service makes available free poop-packets which
include a sturdy plastic bag with twist-tie, a drop-catch sheet, and an
instruction sheet for those who don't know their butt from a hole in the
ground.  The drop-catch sheet is a piece of thin textured plastic about 10"
x 12", with "Recyclable" printed all over it.  While I do use them, it would
take someone a lot greener than I to clean that thing up and throw it in the
curbside bin.

Steel-Eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=4645