[pct-l] Burney Falls St Pk report

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Tue Apr 10 14:05:54 CDT 2007

Per a phone conversation just now:  1. The "primitive" camp for $9 is no
longer a horse camp only; it's primarily an overflow site, along with horses, and
is .5 mile upstream of the falls and not on the Park map; ignore it.  2.
Campsite 75 is the "hike & bike" camp for $3.  3. There are people who work and or
stay in the Park who give or arrange rides to town, including the Shirley
mentioned by our resident Yogi.  4. The highway into town has been improved, so
hitching may be easier; I forgot to ask him which one, 89 or 299, but he
probably meant 89.  5. There is no laundry in the Park.  6. I got a definite
impression of a friendly and helpful attitude towards backpackers.
    Due to 5 above, I believe I'll mail to town & take care of business
there, hopefully find some other hikers to split a motel, but go to the Park for
the night if that doesn't work out. Now my boxes are ready to pack and mail; the
Burney question was the last.

Bob "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen
Naturalized Citizen - Republic of Texas