[pct-l] toilet paper, may be TMI

Marcia gottawalk at pacbell.net
Mon Apr 9 19:43:54 CDT 2007

We signed up to learn ice ax self-arrest with a professional outfitter/guide
on Mt Shasta. We learned more than we bargained for. Our instructor spent
LOTS of time talking about snow balls (demonstrating useful size and shape),
pinecones (one use, one direction), various plant leaves (not mossy lichen
hanging from tree branches because it is much scratchier that it looks), and
smooth stones as substitutes for tp. All mixes in well in the cat hole.
We did not carry tp on our thru. = )
YMMV