[pct-l] Golden Oak Spring Status

arm chair armchairhiker at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 12:44:11 CDT 2007

Here is some more info on Golden Oaks Spring -
http://www.blm.gov/...idgecrest_pdfs/DraftPineTreeEIR_EA.pdf

"

As discussed above, as the Pacific Crest Trail parallels the proposed
project site, it is located almost

totally on private land, much of it belonging to the landowners involved in
the Pine Tree Wind

Development Project. The trail in the area of the project property is
relatively lightly traveled. It is

inaccessible by public road between State Highway 58, south of the project
site in Tehachapi Pass,

and Jawbone Canyon Road, north of the project site in the Piute Mountains, a
distance of

approximately 35 miles. Water is available at only one location in this
segment, at Golden Oaks

Spring, located on private land approximately 2 miles west of the project
property."

- armchair