[pct-l] 2006 PCT Class DVD Copies Available & Death Valley Screening

Ryan Christensen yosemiteryan at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 8 00:46:02 CDT 2007

Howdy fellow PCT’ers!
  The 2006 PCT DVD is now complete and available to all who would like one. As I watched it with an audience in Death Valley National Park last night, I kept on saying to myself, ‘What a journey it has been’. Their response was amazing.
  This DVD is the fourth in a series started by Weathercarrot in 2004. It was followed by the 2005 DVD edited by Whistler and H. This year I took on the task of editing the 2006 DVD. Ever since I left the trail in September, I have been working on the DVD.  Over 55 people contributed video and images for the project. I had about 25,000 images to choose from. It is a labor of love and a gift to the Class of 2006 and to all PCT enthusiasts. This series reflects the best of the community the surrounds and supports the PCT: volunteerism, gift giving, and passion. These are the foundations the tread of the trail was laid on.
  My goal is that everyone who would like a copy may receive one, thus if you would like one, simply send me an email with your address and I will send one out to you. I ask that when you receive it, you adjust the ambience of your house, turn up the volume, and be prepared for a magical journey.
  Like me, Weathercarrot has dedicated his winter to editing a PCT DVD- for the Class of 2003. I have seen it and can say it is his best work so far. I encourage you to get a copy of the 2003 DVD from him. It has been a wonderful experience to be concurrently editing a PCT Class DVD with him over the winter.
  There will be a public viewing of the 2006 Class DVD in the auditorium of the Visitor Center in Death Valley National Park, Saturday the 14th of April at 5:30 PM- one week from today. All are welcome to come.
  Please don’t hesitate to email me for your own copy.

   ProDeal
  (Ryan)