[pct-l] Extra water caches needed on section A

AsABat asabat at cox.net
Sat Apr 7 23:06:27 CDT 2007

Bob makes a good point. Consider that until maybe 7 or 8 years ago there were very few if any "reliable" water caches on the trail. In 1978 there were none, yet hikers made it. Consider water caches a gift, just like a birthday gift from a distant uncle, who might not remember you next year. Caches are NOT reliable. They can go dry, be vandalized, etc. This year Scissors Crossing went from 60 gallons to nothing in less than a week. I'd doubt hikers took it all. Plan ahead, cook near water, hike in the cooler hours and rest at mid-day. (I still miss those 3-hour daily naps!) Respect the caches, thank the cachers, but do not rely on them for survival.

AsABat