[pct-l] [cdt-l] Triple Crown of Desert Hiking-2

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Wed Apr 4 18:16:54 CDT 2007

The CA portions of the Desert Trail have been done by a different
organization than the Desert Trail Association itself; I've asked DTA about where to get
those guides or brochures, but that email was never answered. I've not
followed up, but I could probably find it on the Inet.
    The DTA parts in NV & OR have guide brochures, which I own most or all
of. Each brochure covers maybe 30-50 (a guess) miles, and uses text and photos
to describe the route. I wouldn't call the route a GPS route; one is given a
photo of the next pass or canyon or whatever, and you pick your own path to that
objective. This is done on purpose to avoid negative impact on the desert, or
to spread out the wear and tear. As long as it's not too foggy to see the
next objective, one wouldn't need a GPS.

Bob "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen
Naturalized Citizen - Republic of Texas