[pct-l] Tarp/Bivy Combination in Washington?

arm chair armchairhiker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 23:33:41 CDT 2007

You might consider Henry's "Contrail" tent from Tarptent.com

Mark said - The combined weight of my shelter items is about 26 ounces.

Henry's tent is 1.5 lbs or about 2 ounces lighter. It is a large 1 person
tent with full bug netting and a floating bath tub floor. It's plenty long -
I put my pack at the end of the tent then the sleeping bag - also lots of
room on the sides of the sleeping bag. Further the foot of the tent is
raised so the tent doesn't contact the sleeping bag. A great tent.

http://www.tarptent.com/contrail.html

It also sets up fast with only 4 stakes. The sides of the tent are away from
the floor so rain water is away from the bathtub floor.

- armchair